Monday, June 9, 2008

"Dead at age 35"

"Dead at age 35"

That's what my fate will be 3 years from now...

If my memory serves me right, I think it was year 1994 when I accompanied a friend to a shrink to know his fortunes. Well -- I ended up bringing home my misfortune in the process.

Why? This misfortune teller predicted that I wont reach the age of 40 and would die in a car accident. It was a prediction that I easily laughed off.

Let's fast-forward to year 2000...

It was my second encounter with another shrink, this time with another friend. The outcome - I was again told that I would die in a car accident at the age of 35, not sure though if I was the one driving or just a passenger.

Having heard this, the thoughts on the initial prediction which happened a few years back came to mind and started questioning:

"What if this is actually true?"
"Was it just a mere coincidence or a destined doom?"

Now its 2008, and I'm turning 32...

Well, if this is the case; the equation now shows that I still have 3 years left to live.

...and should I die at age 35, I want to be remembered as someone who lived fully and loved truly.

Marc Joseph Bajada
Born: November 9, 1976
Died: ?????, 2011

RIP - "Rest in Pogs"

5 comments:

DirectWithHotels said...

i envy you pogs...i actually wanted to die young...just seems so peaceful...anything to get out of this world filled with hatred and lies and cheating...you will live long...longer than us because you will still enjoy how fun it is to be grandad :) just hold on to fate...me, it seems i already slipped past it :)

intellectualmasochist said...

Back in high school, ma friend always told me that she wanted to die young and have a good-looking corpse. It sounded funny (and a little morbid even for me at that time), but it does save you years of struggle.

I've always wanted to live a long life so I can observe what's around me, and write about it...make that difference in peoples' lives. My wants change from time to time because of my needs.

What's meant to be is what will happen. Believe only in Him, keep faith Ü

Anonymous said...

napaka-morbid naman nito. =(

but seriously, i know where you're coming from. early on, i was convinced that i would die young. and then things kept happening that only fueled this conviction.

however, if there's one thing i've learned over the years,it's that it's really about the quality of life you have, not its length. whether or not you die young, is not the question. it's HOW you lived. and i know you've lived well. =)

Unknown said...

We can't control how it started nor can we know for sure how things will end. What's left with us is the middle - the most important part of the journey. Let's not miss it by always looking at the past and worrying about the future.

Kaya aanhin pa ang damo, kung may nilaga.

Chinita said...

I am pretty sure that you still have a mission in this world. You won't die yet. Not this soon... Cause I strongly believe that our friendship will count years.

When I was eleven, there was this old man who visited my aunt's house. Still young that time, I was very eager to know my future. He told me that I might die between the age of thirteen and seventeen. My cause of death has something to do with small bodies of water.
But look... time had passed and I am still alive. Ganun ka din... Mahaba pa ang buhay mo.